Postpartum Strong® – from the inside out, is a unique musculoskeletal program developed for women post delivery to regain muscle strength of their abdominal and pelvic floor muscles. Clinical research now supports rehabilitation after a normal or challenging birth or pregnancy to prevent incontinence, prolapse and/or sexual dysfunction. The components of the program are:
1. Individual screening which is an individual appointment
2. One monthly class offers basic education about the steps to regain proper posture, abdominal and pelvic floor strength, and to learn how to take care of your baby without breaking your back
3. Individual care with modalities such as heat, muscle energy techniques, ultrasound, laser, corrective posture, abdominal and pelvic floor supervised exercises, and neuromuscular reeducation to resolve pain, dysfunction, or just to regain muscle strength, coordination, endurance and timing to be the best you can be!
The interest and feedback in our Postpartum Strong assessments has been amazing and we have spread the word through the support of the physicians at West End Ob/Gyn. This is the inaugaral roll out of the Postpartum Strong program. Several patients have taken advantage of all components of the program.
Currently, we are offering:
– Monthly screenings at West End Ob/Gyn and at Women’s Health Physical Therapy
– Free educational classes at West End Ob/Gyn every 3rd Tuesday evening, at 5:30PM,
– Free educational classes, at our main office,WHPT, every 4th Tuesday evening, at 5:30PM
– Mommy & Me Pilates classes, by appointment
-Individual evaluation and treatment as needed to achieve the goals set by the patient and therapist